Sunday, May 22, 2011

What do you want to leave behind?

Do you want to lead an effective life?  Do you want to live a productive life; or do you just want to get by with the bare minimums?  Maybe you just want to get by.  How do your want to be remembered?  What do you want to leave behind for others to cherish?

In my quiet time, I read in 2 Peter 1:5-8, that adding certain things to your life will make you a productive, effective person.  Adding things like goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly/sisterly kindness, and love  will make us better individuals, and therefore, we will be better to others.

 I have challenged myself to take some time and search for these wonderful qualities in me.  Yes, I have a lot of work to do, but I am up for the challenge.  Self-control is probably the hardest for me.  When I want chocolate, I want it.  When I want a cocktail after a long day, I want it.  When I want to be lazy instead of doing the many other things I know I need to be doing, umm well, lazy usually wins!  So when I make those choices, am I being productive; NO, effective; NO!  Therefore I better get busy and work on adding those things to my life. 

I want to be remembered as being a woman that spreads knowledge, love, godliness, and kindness with perseverance and self-control.  What about you?  What do you want to leave behind?

May God Bless us all!

1 comment:

  1. I want to leave behind a wonderful legacy for my children and their children and so on...I want them to rise up and call me blessed. I want my children to see in me everything God sees in me. Though I don't see it all yet (as you said) I'm doing my best to work out all that God has worked in me and until my time here is done I'll be doing what I can to leave them with memories of a Godly, Faithful mother & grandmother.

    ReplyDelete