Thursday, April 7, 2011

Wisdom, the good land

Dictionary.com defines wisdom as the quality or state of being wise; knowledge of what is true or right coupled with just judgment as to action; sagacity, discernment, or insight.

The last couple of days I have been all up and through the book of Proverbs reading on wisdom.  Standing in the bathroom mirror I noticed some gray hair, lots of them.  So I wonder to myself am I getting wise or wiser?  That is what they say gray hair means...right?

Proverbs 2:20-22 says 20 Thus you will walk in the ways of the good
   and keep to the paths of the righteous.
21 For the upright will live in the land,
   and the blameless will remain in it;
22 but the wicked will be cut off from the land,
   and the unfaithful will be torn from it. biblegateway.com


After reading this I begin to question myself (I do that a lot).  Do I want good wisdom, God fearing wisdom, so I can walk in the ways of the good and keep to the paths of righteous?  Do I want to live in THAT land; you know that land where all will be good, peaceful, and happy?  Or do I want to be cut off from THAT land? 

I know for sure I want to live in THAT land.  I know for sure I want the paths of righteous.  I know for sure that I want to live upright and keep the paths of righteous.  Therefore, I know for certain that I have to gain this good God fearing wisdom that is talked about in Proverbs 2.  This wisdom will teach me what is fair and just.  It will teach me how to treat others as well as how to treat myself.  So even if it brings gray hair, in my heart I know this wisdom will take me a long righteous way in a world that seems to be going the wrong way!

What about you?  Do you want Wisdom, the good land?

4 comments:

  1. Now who is preaching? Preach on my sista....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you know I am not preaching; just letting the words flow as He give them to me LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sis....

    Funny you should talk about Wisdom and the good land... I pray for wisdom everyday... I really do. Ive sont have many people I talk to latley. Really lost it for a while.. I find myself now asking him to teach me what to do with the wisdom he has givin me. Only because I feel like I know what to do and I wanna do right...So is it knowledge Im lackin or Wisdom or the Knowledge to make use of the wisdom that has been taught and given to me???? p.s I love ur blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shea,
    First, thank you for stopping by. Second, keep praying and listening. God will direct your path. From my own experience, it was my lack of not doing what I knew was right. So I had the knowledge to get the wisdom I just didn't. Keep going sis...the land is waiting. Love ya

    ReplyDelete